[X4U] Why isn't Ichat showing better video quality

Doug LaBore dlabore at mn.rr.com
Sun May 1 10:25:39 PDT 2005

So as soon as we finished our Tiger load we tried a connection via iChat to
a friend who also had just upgraded his system. To our surprise neither of
us could see any improvement in the video stream between out two G5¹s using
5Mb cable connections to the internet.

I looked at the connection doctor within iChat and noticed we we¹re both
passing only 15 fps where as the two of us would connect with 30 fps under
our previous Panther OS??

Has anyone else seen an improvement with iChat¹s video quality now that
we¹re using the h.262 mpeg 4 format??

Doug LaBore
Bloomington Minnesota