[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Vince Lewis vplewis at mac.com
Sun May 1 10:56:15 PDT 2005

On May 1, 2005, at 8:53 AM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

> On 4/30/05 5:16 PM, Vince Lewis <vplewis at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 30, 2005, at 4:37 PM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>>
>>> Instead of selecting Get Info using Command-I, select Show Inspector
>>> using
>>> Command-Option-I.
>>>
>>> Finally! We can now choose between having a Multiple Item Info
>>> window or
>>> multiple Get Info windows (like in pre-OS X). The latter is very
>>> helpful for
>>> showing a side-by-side comparison of two folders/items while the
>>> former is
>>> very helpful for adding up the size of folders/items and applying
>>> the same
>>> file permissions to multiple items.
>>
>> This has been available since at least Jaguar. And I don't think it
>> was
>> ever available in <OS X--been a couple of years since I last looked at
>> the Classic OS.
>
> The Multiple Item Info inspector window has been available in OS X. I'm
> talking about the other version: having two Get Info windows appear
> side-by-side. This is Classic Mac OS functionality that I have sorely
> missed
> until now.

My mistake, sorry. Though as you probably know, you can get what you
want by --"click-get info; click get info; etc" as many times as you
need to. I don't have Tiger yet, but do you mean that you get a
preference check box to decide either/or? What would be cool would be
cmd-i; cmd-opt -i and cmd-shift-I.
ciao,
Vince