[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun May 1 11:05:34 PDT 2005

>On 5/1/05 9:56 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:
>
>>  Tiger's Find is not indexed to search in places that most people
>>  wouldn't be looking such as the System folder.
>
>The 18 .qtch files are located in my user Library folder. Even just
>selecting the Library and typing qtch in the Finder window's Search bar
>shows 0 results.

Most people do not typically want to search their Library folder
(according to Apple.) Most users want to find applications and
documents.

>Is it now impossible to just do name-only searches?

You might want to index more of your hard drive than is typically
done. Your choice.
--

Robert Ameeti

Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than expected. Carefully planned projects take only twice as long.