[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun May 1 11:17:30 PDT 2005

>>On 5/1/05 9:56 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  Tiger's Find is not indexed to search in places that most people
>>>  wouldn't be looking such as the System folder.
>>
>>The 18 .qtch files are located in my user Library folder. Even just
>>selecting the Library and typing qtch in the Finder window's Search bar
>>shows 0 results.
>
>Most people do not typically want to search their Library folder
>(according to Apple.) Most users want to find applications and
>documents.
>
>>Is it now impossible to just do name-only searches?
>
>You might want to index more of your hard drive than is typically
>done. Your choice.

Or just use the Others... button in the Search window to tell the
system that you specifically want to search those folders. They are
excluded by default but you can add any directory to the Servers,
Computer, Home choices.
--

Robert Ameeti

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.