[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun May 1 12:04:41 PDT 2005

On 05/01/05, Steve Talkowski <stevetalkowski at mac.com> wrote:

> No kidding.  I just now noticed that if you hover your cursor over
> whatever file was found in the Spotlight tab, you'll get the path
> there.   But it's damn annoying that it opens the file when you click
> on it. (which is, i suppose, what you'd want to do eventually)
>
> This is where they should standardize on Spotlights functionality.
> To me, the most straight-forward way is to see the path at the bottom
> ala the Finder Window, where you can double click at any point in the
> path name and go to the directory or file itself.
>
> On May 1, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Michael Elliott wrote:
>
>> Exactly.  I have a feeling this should end up in Ars Technica's
>> interface confusion gripe list.

Join Apple's ADC at <http://connect.apple.com/MemberSite> (it's free and
allows you to download developmental software), then use the bug reporter
at <https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RadarWeb> to submit an
enhancement request. There are many shortcomings in Spotlight, but unless
users submit enhancement requests and bug reports, nothing gets fixed or
improved. The squeaky wheel does get oiled.