[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun May 1 12:32:19 PDT 2005

On 05/01/05, Eddie Hargreaves <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 5/1/05 9:56 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:
>
>> Tiger's Find is not indexed to search in places that most people
>> wouldn't be looking such as the System folder.

Let me know how to add the /System folder to the search criteria. AFAIK,
you can't.

> The 18 .qtch files are located in my user Library folder. Even just
> selecting the Library and typing qtch in the Finder window's Search bar
> shows 0 results.
>
> Is it now impossible to just do name-only searches?

Yes. Spotlight is basically overkill in that it does searches by content,
no matter whatever criteria you set, and can't/doesn't allow for search for
name only. See my earlier message about submitting a bug report/enhancement
request. That's the only way to get them to change/improve/fix it.