[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Sun May 1 14:21:44 PDT 2005

>On 05/01/05, Eddie Hargreaves <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>  On 5/1/05 9:56 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  Tiger's Find is not indexed to search in places that most people
>>>  wouldn't be looking such as the System folder.
>
>Let me know how to add the /System folder to the search criteria.
>AFAIK, you can't.

Have you tried:

sudo mdimport -f /System/Library/

Seems to work for me. What can't it find after indexing that directory?
--

Robert Ameeti

They're Multipurpose. Not Only Do They Put The Clips On, But They Take Them Off.

- Pratt & Whitney Spokesperson Explaining Why The Company Charged The Air Force Nearly $1,000 For An Ordinary Pair Of Pliers.