[X4U] Tiger + iChat AV + AOL= no simultaneous logon

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sun May 1 12:38:21 PDT 2005

One new change in Tiger that I just noticed:  You can no longer be
logged into the same screen name in both AOL and iChat AV.

With Panther, you got a notice stating that the same SN was logged in
two times.  I might have iChat AV running, but then launch AOL to
check my email.  I could dismiss the notice with no problem.

Now with Tiger, if I launch AOL and log on, iChat disconnects.  And
if AOL is already running while I launch iChat, I get a notice that
this isn't allowed from the same IP address.

Michael