[X4U] Thoughts on Spotlight?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun May 1 14:58:36 PDT 2005

On 05/01/05, Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net> wrote:

>>Let me know how to add the /System folder to the search criteria.
>>AFAIK, you can't.
>
> Have you tried:
> sudo mdimport -f /System/Library/
> Seems to work for me. What can't it find after indexing that directory?

I'll try that trick after getting and installing the GM; hopefully,
tomorrow. However, that option should be available in Spotlight and users
shouldn't be forced into using the CLI. That's the same nonsensical
"engineering" decision that removed the "disable journaling" tool from Disk
Utility and forces people to use the CLI diskutil tool. For Apple to offer
a UI application, which uses the CLI tools, and then cripple it is IMHO
unconscionable behavior on their part.