[X4U] Argh!!! Classic Appletalk Shares

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun May 1 19:46:38 PDT 2005

>The mount_afp tool fails when directed to an OS 7.5 server. It
>worked OK from 10.2.1 thru 10.3.9. I am told there were problems
>with 10.0 and 10.1.

Thanks for the update, I was wondering if you'd found some sort of
magic, as I've always mounted the shares from the GUI.

>Fortunately I can easily go back to Panther. I have to have my SE/30
>with it's real serial ports.

All I have to do to go back to Panther is pull the new HD I bought,
and reinstall the old one, but I'm hesitant to.  I'm more inclined to
do it over stability issues than being unable to access my classic
Appletalk shares.  Especially since from what I'm hearing I'll loose
the ability to serve them up once I upgrade to OpenVMS 8.2 (that will
be a while, as I like to wait for them to work all the bugs out).

If you don't mine me asking, what is your dependence on the SE/30?
Can't you simply get a USB-to-Serial converter?  That's what I did on
my old G4/450 AGP.

		Zane