[X4U] Tiger Observations (Not Elsewhere Documented)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun May 1 19:53:04 PDT 2005

>>I'm curious what things people have noticed about Tiger thus far
>>that have not been previously documented.  Two things I've noticed:
>>
>>     1) Stuffit no longer included;

This a little on the irritating side, I'll have to download Stuffit
Expander.  Of course what I really should do is pay to upgrade the
version I had for my G4/450 AGP back when I was running 8.6/G4.

>'Tis documented.
><http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301016>
>
>As well that Internet Explorer is no longer included either.

This actually makes sense, but as the only time I ever use it is when
I'm accessing an FTP site, it got me to thinking so I checked.  It
appears that Safari now tries to open ftp links in the Finder, which
doesn't seem to be looking for me (it might have something to do with
my firewall, but I don't think so).

			Zane