[X4U] Dashboard ripple effect?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun May 1 23:00:54 PDT 2005

Pete Zimowski said:

>This is normal.  I can see the ripple effect on my 1.5 AlBook with
>the 128MB ATI card, but my Dual-800 Quicksilver desktop won't produce
>the ripples.  Sure enough, when I look at the System Profiler on the
>Quicksilver, it says that Core Image is not supported.  I believe
>that's the key.

I believe that you are correct.  When I played with a number of Macs at
the Apple Store, I noticed that the Mac mini didn't show the ripple
effect in Dashboard.

The Mac mini does not have one of the graphic accelerator cards listed by
Apple as supporting Core Image.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html