[X4U] Tiger Observations (Not Elsewhere Documented)

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon May 2 21:46:20 PDT 2005

Very strange...the icon that *I* think of as the Apple Address Book
is a brown folder with white tabs and an "@" sign in white on it.
This is the icon that I see in the Applications folder.

The icon that I see in the .Mac prefs for Syncing contacts is a
completely different icon..very system 7-ish, yellow in color and low
res.  It is definitely the old icon for Jim Smith's Address Book from
the 1990s.

What's really strange is that this is an erase-and-install of Tiger,
although I do have my old OS 9 "System Folder" dragged over from my
other computer to use in Classic.

I wonder if a system resource is scrambled somewhere?

I'd be happy to send you a screen shot to make sure we're talking
about the same thing.

Michael