[X4U] mail 2.0 mailbox question

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue May 3 16:32:51 PDT 2005

On 05/03/05, Scott McCulloch <mylists at ascottmcculloch.com> wrote:
> On May 3, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Jim MacCormaic wrote:
>> On 3 May 2005, at 07:34 pm, Kansas Territory wrote:
>>
>>> Mail 2.0 seems to have removed the sliding mail box windows.. and
>>> have firmly planted them on the left hand side.
>>>
>>> Anyway I can get it stuck on the right hand ??
>>
>> The same question cropped up in Apple Discussions. The short answer
>> seems to be 'no'. Mail uses the new 'plastic' UI which does away
>> with the old drawer which could switch sides.
>
> If, like me, you have a very strong preference for the mailboxes to
> be on the right, be sure to send Apple some feedback to that effect.
> I'm really hoping that they'll give us the option in an update -
> although I suppose if they take too long with that, my eyes and
> muscle-memory will have been retrained anyway.
>
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback
>
> (Oddly, although the page uses the Tiger box image, and the black -
> they haven't yet added 10.4 to the list of OS versions - so I just
> left that one blank.)

That feedback has low priortiy and is one-way. Join Apple's ADC at
<http://connect.apple.com/MemberSite> (it's free and allows you to download
developmental software), then use the bug reporter at
<https://bugreport.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RadarWeb> to submit bug
reports or enhancement requests. Once these are documented (you get a
number when you submit them), you can track their status, append additional
information, and receive feedback from engineering.