[X4U] Tiger Compatibility list?

Kay Narumi knarumi at gol.com
Wed May 4 17:40:14 PDT 2005

>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:58:35 -0600
>From: Marc Stergionis <stermarc at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [X4U] Tiger Compatibility list?
>
>At about 4:47 AM +1000 on 4/30/05, Peter Sealy wrote:
>>On 30/04/2005, at 4:08 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>

>>>I'm supposed to be picking up 10.4 tonight, in spite of the fact I wasn't
>>>planning on upgrading for a few weeks at least (oddly enough, it's not my
>>>idea to buy it tonight).  As a result I'm wondering if anyone has created a
>>>list of applications known to either work, or not work with 10.4.
>>
>>Both the Ars Technica and MacNN discussion forums on OS X have
>>threads on apps broken by Tiger.
>
>My Tiger arrives today. Anyone seen any problems in Tiger. vs. (gasp)
>MS Office X (not 04)?

I've upgraded to Tiger on April 29th.  Since then, Word X hangs.
I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled MS Office X twice and am
still having the problem of Word not responding.

Not only that, I can't print unless I turn AppleTalk on.  This is
really frustrating because then, since PPPoE has to be turned off, I
can't connect to Internet.

On the other hand, I installed Tiger on another partition after
erasing it, installed Office X and it works fine there.  No problem
with printing, even (don't have to enable AppleTalk).

I hope someone can tell me how to fix the printing problem with my
main partition and the fix for Word X hanging.

Tia,
--

All the best,

Kay Narumi