[X4U] Tiger Compatibility list?

Neil_ Pollack lists at mac.com
Wed May 4 20:25:12 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, May 04, 2005, at 08:40PM, Kay Narumi <knarumi at gol.com> wrote:

>>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:58:35 -0600
>>From: Marc Stergionis <stermarc at mac.com>
>>Subject: Re: [X4U] Tiger Compatibility list?

>>>Both the Ars Technica and MacNN discussion forums on OS X have
>>>threads on apps broken by Tiger.
>>
>>My Tiger arrives today. Anyone seen any problems in Tiger. vs. (gasp)
>>MS Office X (not 04)?
>
>I've upgraded to Tiger on April 29th.  Since then, Word X hangs.
>I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled MS Office X twice and am
>still having the problem of Word not responding.
>
>Not only that, I can't print unless I turn AppleTalk on.  This is
>really frustrating because then, since PPPoE has to be turned off, I
>can't connect to Internet.
>
>On the other hand, I installed Tiger on another partition after
>erasing it, installed Office X and it works fine there.  No problem
>with printing, even (don't have to enable AppleTalk).
>
>I hope someone can tell me how to fix the printing problem with my
>main partition and the fix for Word X hanging.

Hmmm...  Maybe a clean install would do it, but I guess you've already thought of that and you're looking for something easier.

Do you happen to recall the work around for the Office "feature" that prevents us from running the same copy of Office on two different computers on the same network?  I just bought a new dual G5 PowerMac and it would be nice to leave Office running even when I connect my iBook to the network. Maybe this should be a separate thread.  I guess I'll post this question separately if I don't see a reply.