[X4U] Tiger Compatibility list?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed May 4 20:47:20 PDT 2005

On 05/05/05, Kay Narumi <knarumi at gol.com> wrote:

> I've upgraded to Tiger on April 29th.  Since then, Word X hangs.
> I've also uninstalled and then reinstalled MS Office X twice and am
> still having the problem of Word not responding.
>
> Not only that, I can't print unless I turn AppleTalk on.  This is
> really frustrating because then, since PPPoE has to be turned off, I
> can't connect to Internet.
>
> On the other hand, I installed Tiger on another partition after
> erasing it, installed Office X and it works fine there.  No problem
> with printing, even (don't have to enable AppleTalk).
>
> I hope someone can tell me how to fix the printing problem with my
> main partition and the fix for Word X hanging.

Since your other installation works, your original installation is hosed
(corrupt prefs, bad links in /Library or /System). Check it out with
Preferential Treatment, repair the disk when booted into the other
installation, and repair permissions. Create another admin user and see if
that works. If so, then the problems in the original user's folder; if not,
then it's in the system itself. If none of those work, you're going to have
to reinstall or just use the new installation.