[X4U] Non-US cities, countries in Weather Widget in Dashboard?

John Bryan johnbryan at mac.com
Wed May 4 21:08:29 PDT 2005

Thanks.  I had tried doing something close to that before, but didn't
do it right.

Using what you describe I got it to go like this :

First had used the world-:region->country->city method which gave a
url ending in :   zipcode=AS;CI;BEIJING;
Tried plugging that whole "AS;CI;BEIJING;" string into the widget,
hit return to get it to verify, and it found no cities;

went back to accuweather.com and just entered city of Beijing, and it
gave :  zipcode=BEIJING
plugged that into the widget, but this time hit return to let it
validate, and it comes up with Beijing, China, click Done and we've
got weather!!  Raining btw.

Tried Changsha in accuweather same way.  Widget comes back with
different variations of spelling and location and I pick the right one.

Great !  So now I can get other non-US cities, but I STILL can't get
the dang thing to take my actual home city of Austin, TX as default,
it must be coming up with Austin, MN, one of 8 Austins the validate
returns.

sigh...

ok, making progress...thanks much for the help.