[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

Neil Lists at mac.com
Thu May 5 17:01:39 PDT 2005

on 5/5/05 6:11 PM, revDAVE wrote:

> ... Still curious what people on this list are using...

AAC in iTunes at 128.  I'm more curious about people's encoding speed.  I
used to get 9x on my old G4 under Mac o/s 9.  I just ripped a bunch of CD's
last week and only got 1x.  I was able to get it up to 2x after I quit as
many application programs as I could.  I've been looking forward to trying
this out on my new dual G5.  As I was typing this, it occurred to me that my
slow down might have been caused entirely or in part by switching to AAC
from MP3.