[X4U] Configuration Mail.app with GMail?

kp phlbrck at gmail.com
Sun May 8 02:24:10 PDT 2005

On Sat,  7 May 2005 22:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Mike Panas wrote:
> Can someone direct me to the source for how to do this? I've never
> tried it, but I guess I will now.

I had the following exchange with Gyaz support which you may find helpful:

Subject: Re: POP setup for Gmail

 Hi, Thank you for your message.

On 20 Feb 2005 04:46:15 +0900, Kenneth Philbrick wrote:

 > Google does not provide Gyaz instructions for setting up a POP   account. I have been trying to use their Apple Mail instructions as a   guide but cannot seem to make it work.    Can you provide step by step directions that meet Google's needs?

REPLY:

The important settings are as follows: -

Receiving tab in the Accounts preferences

   Advanced: [/] Require secure connection (SSL): [ Alternate Port ]

 - Outgoing Mail Server dialog   Authentication:

SMTP Authentication

   Advanced: [/] Require secure connection (SSL): [ STARTTLS ]

     [/] Override default port: [ 587 ]

Thanks again, Goichi Hirakawa

I have three accounts which Gyaz is scheduled to check every 15 minutes. For some reason it has stopped checking Google on a regular basis. That is a problem for another day.

Ken Philbrick