[X4U] iSight question...

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sun May 8 16:50:44 PDT 2005

That's not actually, mine, but one I found Googling on the net.

It seems there may be two types of "cable adaptor" for the iSight.

I was about to say that:
    Unless your iSight is quite different from mine then you should be
    able to simply slide the firewire connector out of the cable adaptor,
    so that the cable adaptor slides loosely on the firewire cable. By
    placing your thumb & index finger on either button of the cable
    adaptor and sliding them vertically apart, one way or the other,
    then the cable adaptor will fall apart.

But as I was about to write this, I Googled for "iSight Manual" and
found <http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/isight/iSightUserGuide.pdf>.
The cable adaptor on pages 6 to 9 of this is clearly very different,
but it looks like the firewire connector might come out with a good
tug.

I think yours must be a later model, as the aluminium displays in the
manual I've linked to weren't available when I got my iSight. Mine was
supplied with two of the cable adaptors, which admittedly seem a little
fragile.

Stroller.