[X4U] Malware for Mac...

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon May 9 08:53:09 PDT 2005

>And the Macintosh chortled some more, becau... oh, hang on... no,
>they didn't. <http://stephan.com/widgets/zaptastic/>

I'd recommend against clicking on the above link, unless you read the
page enough to figure out how to remove what it installs.

OK, this makes something I've been wondering about more important.
How does one go about disabling "Dashboard" on a system?  I was
wanting to disable it as a waste of system resources, but now I'm
also wanting to disable it as a security risk.

In the mean time I've gone in and done a
"chmod 000 ~{usernames}/Library/Widgets" which should help with this
sort of attack.  I've also done a "chmod 555 /Library/Widgets".  On
the downside, I don't know if any of these changes will have adverse
reactions to the system.

			Zane