[X4U] Tiger Burn Folders

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 11 05:55:46 PDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Kirk McVey wrote:

> -When you create a burn folder, do you keep the folder after
> burning or is it just another place to hold files?

You can - that way you can set up a folder of stuff you back up
often, and never have to change the contents.

> -Which makes me wonder, why use a burn folder instead of just
> dragging selected files to a blank cd?

For the reason above.

> -Why do all files placed in the burn folder say 0 kb?

Because these are only aliases. The burn folder is just an abstraction.

> -Which to use then, finder, burn folder, or Toast?

Depends on what you want to do. The burn folder only does a data CD/
DVD; Toast can also do audio and DAO copies.

> -Is the burn folder feature an attempt to replace some of the
> functionality of Toast?

Not really, since the Finder has been able to burn optical disks for
a long time.

Best,

Kirk

       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France