[X4U] Tiger Burn Folders

Kirk McVey mail at kirkmcvey.com
Wed May 11 05:40:38 PDT 2005

I have several of questions I haven't been able to get answered from
Apple Discussions about Burn folders. There is hardly any
documentation and what's there only brushes the surface as to how
these work. So, my questions are:

-When you create a burn folder, do you keep the folder after burning
or is it just another place to hold files?

-Which makes me wonder, why use a burn folder instead of just
dragging selected files to a blank cd?

-Why do all files placed in the burn folder say 0 kb?

-Which to use then, finder, burn folder, or Toast?

-Is the burn folder feature an attempt to replace some of the
functionality of Toast?

Surely I'm missing something and I don't know why I can't grasp the
whole idea. If I Apple would give an example of typical usage, it
would make a whole lot more sense.

Thanks, Kirk