[X4U] Upgrading from Tiger to Tiger Server?

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:46:14 PDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Michael Gmail wrote:

> I'm buying a Mac Mini soon to use as a server. Eventually I'll want
> to install OSX Server on it for all the shiny admin tools, but
> right now I don't have the extra 500 bucks. Does anyone know if
> there are any problems upgrading a working machine from the client
> to the server version of the OS?

This is covered in the documentation at the top level of the server
DVD. Basically instead of running the entire OS installation you
install just the server package by double clicking on it. I did this
on my machine and it seems to have  worked as expected.

> For that matter, can anyone confirm that the Mini will run Server
> at all? (It's not offered as a BTO option at the Apple Store.)

Should work. My server is a 12" Powerbook G4 which is also not an
officially supported platform.

Phil