[X4U] Tiger... why...

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Thu May 12 14:10:49 PDT 2005

On 05/12/05 1:51 PM, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> It sounds more like you were waiting on Tiger to
> upgrade.  In my case I bought the hard drive so I
> could easily back out of the Tiger upgrade if it
> broke to many things.  Sure it's unfair to say
> that the upgrade cost me $320, however, like I
> said, I'd have been better off spending that
> money on more RAM rather than 10.4.

Apple seems to be forcing users to upgrade more than they expect with system
upgrades. I myself will have to spend $300 to 'upgrade' Apple Remote
Desktop' to v2.x because v1.x will not run in Tiger even though I don't need
the v2.x features. Couple this with the policy where Apple does not discount
their upgrade prices and you have a now disgruntled software buyer - me.

Stephen Lanza
Software Complement