[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 9, Issue 49

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Thu May 12 14:25:31 PDT 2005

On 05/12/05 4:24 PM, " John McGibney <ensignjd at optonline.net> wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:24:11 -0400
> From: John McGibney <ensignjd at optonline.net>
> Subject: [X4U] Re: Why anyone would stick with Entourage over Mail...
> To: "x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
> <x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> 1. Because you can't create a rule to delete messages from a folder when its
> 1 day old and contains the word "digest" in its title.
>
> 2. You can't create a rule to delete all messages from a particular mailbox
> when its 5 days old.
>
> 3. You can't set it up to automatically delete mail from your server when
> its deleted from you mailbox.
>
> These are my three major complaints. That's why I'm stuck with Entourage.
> Solve these and I'll drop entourage like a stone.
>
> John

Add to that:

1. Mail doesn't have categories for email. Categories in Entourage can have
a color associated with them which I find useful.

2. You can't edit emails that you have received. While I see this as a
security issue so that you can't falsify emails sent from someone else,
there are practical uses to edit a received email, like removing all the
extraneous promotional info from an invoice that forces it to print on 2
pages instead of one or making an html email into a plain text one.

Just my .02 cents.

Stephen Lanza
Software Complement