[X4U] Tiger... why...

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu May 12 14:38:16 PDT 2005

On 05/12/05, Stephen Lanza <slanza at swcomplement.com> wrote:

> Apple seems to be forcing users to upgrade more than they expect with system
> upgrades. I myself will have to spend $300 to 'upgrade' Apple Remote
> Desktop' to v2.x because v1.x will not run in Tiger even though I don't need
> the v2.x features. Couple this with the policy where Apple does not discount
> their upgrade prices and you have a now disgruntled software buyer - me.

How? What mechanism did it use to force you to do what? Upgrade to Tiger?
AFAIK, there are many doing well with OS 8&9, Puma, Jaguar, and Panther. I
guess the Apple goons missed me. If you don't need ARD 2.x's features, how
did they "make" upgrade to Tiger; thus, forcing ARD 2.x on you? If ARD 1.x
runs on Panther, why did YOU choose to move to Tiger?