[X4U] Tiger & Palm OS

Gail Grainger ggrainger at deweybrowse.org
Thu May 12 19:54:03 PDT 2005

 I just reformatted my main drive on my G4 876 dual processor, using
OS10.4. I have 768 MB of Ram. I am now having a lot of trouble trying to
download and install Palm OS for my Treo 90. I copied the Palm files to my
second drive, and then back to drive one, but I am getting error
messages--I guess that was the wrong thing to do.   When I download the
Palm software, I get an error message near the end,
that it hasn't installed correctly. I can also only download Palm 4.0, not 4.1
    When I download the Palm software, it will not fully install, and I get
an error message that it has not fully installed. I've read that I should
install the original CD software--but that is in 9, and I don't want to
install OS9.  When I tried to hot synch before, I got this message. The
application "HotSync
Manager" could not be launched because of a shared library error:
"4<HotSync Manager><HotSync Manager><HotSyncLib.PPC><>" That is when I
trashed the old Palm software, all the files I could find, and started
trying to download and install everything from sctach.
     Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have any advice? I've
looked at Apple, Palm, and searched with google.
Thanks,
Gail

--
Gail Shea Grainger
Librarian, Chesterfield School, Chesterfield, NH
http://www.deweybrowse.org ggrainger at deweybrowse.org