[X4U] G5-Tiger-Ghost images[Resolved]

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Sat May 14 18:32:16 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 5:12 PM, verduron wrote:

> On May 14, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Dennis Thompson II wrote:
>
>> It sounds like your monitor's convergence sttings are hosed.  Hook
>> your monitor up to a different signal source and see if it still has
>> these artifacts.
>
> Do you mean a different computer? If yes, the monitor is connected to
> my G4 and my G5, and was connected to my G3.
> The G3 and the G5 have the same problem. The G4 is exempt of it.

The culprit was the skinny paltry Belkin cable which goes from my
monitor to my G5.
My Sony G520 monitors has two video input connectors. One was connected
to the G4 with the cable which came with the monitor.
The other one was connected to the G3 using the Belkin cable. I do not
even know where that cable came from originally. The G3 had the ghost
image problem. When I connected my G5 to the monitor I used the cable
used for the G3. This afternoon, I decided to switch the cables to see
if it had any effect. The G5 was ok and then my G4 had the ghost image
problem.
What kind of cable should I get?