[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Fri May 13 00:15:59 PDT 2005

> Right. And it's true that AAC files do sound better. This said, I
> find 128 a bit low; I use AAC 160, which I find to be a good
> compromise between sound and quality.
I'm running out of space with my iTunes library encoded at 192mp3 and have
been thinking about converting to 160AAC which appears to be comparable
sound quality and I'd save something like 20% on file size. I've tried
choosing Advanced > Convert Selection to AAC for a selected album, but that
places the converted tracks alongside the originals in the original folder.
Deleting the 5200+ songs in my library by selecting out the mp3s and then
reimporting the AACs manually appears to be a very time consuming prospect.
Is there an easier way of undertaking such a process? Thanks for any advice
offered.

All the best, Colin.