[X4U] Tiger-unquittable/killable apps?

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Sat May 14 06:01:08 PDT 2005

> I've repaired permissions and when  problems persisted ran the newest
> version of AppleJack.  No help...and of course the problem only
> occurs randomly, and may go days between lockups.
>
> I've had to hard-restart the machine more in 2 weeks than I ever did
> in the year before.
>
> Anyone else running into this?

I've encountered a similar inability to force quit apps that were frozen
(mainly iTunes) with my Sony Clie pda syncing problematically to my laptop
via usb. If you have any peripherals attached you might try removing them
and seeing if problems persists. This was in Panther, not Tiger though.

All the best, Colin.