[X4U] Tiger-unquittable/killable apps?

Thomas Karns tomak223 at mac.com
Sat May 14 06:14:34 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 5:45 AM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Anyone else running into this?

Yes!

I have had nearly all the problems you have.  Also, sometimes when an
application, displays a dialog the application will lock up, not
respond.  Force quitting from the dock, usually works, but often will
take more than one attempt before the problem application will quit.
I haven't tried the three finger force quit lately, because that was
locking up also.  How do you force quit, the force quit window?  I
could still work, but I couldn't close the force quit window, which
unfortunately floats above all other windows.  I could drag it to the
edge of the display.  It wouldn't allow me to log out, shutdown, or
restart normally.  I have done all the repair routines, with
AppleJack, and run the new DiskWarrior 3.0.3.

Upgrading to 10.4 went very smoothly, but I may need to do an archive
install.  I have only had to force quit once since I ran
DiskWarrior.  Hopefully, some of the problems have cleared up.  I
will add that 10.4 is much more responsive on my G3 iBook, than any
of the 10.3 versions.  Even with the problems I'm glad I upgraded.

Tom K.