[X4U] Major Tiger problem, login has spinning beachball > 5 hours

Steve Self steveself at mac.com
Sat May 14 16:16:25 PDT 2005

You sound much more unix-skilled than I...

But if it was me, I would back-up (if not already done) and do a wipe
and install. OSX is so complex that for most of us mere mortals, a
clean install is the most effective remedy.

It would take me probably 2 days to get my users and apps re-
installed. But in the long view this is not a big deal. If my use of
the computer was very mission-critical, then upgrading without a
mirror-HD to immediately reboot to was a mistake.