[X4U] mail -- already fried

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 16 02:29:16 PDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 11:03 AM, m senft wrote:

> Am running 10.4.0. I have our email accounts with our ISP
> (Cablevision's Optonline). I plugged in the account info for the four
> a various number of times (but, for example, did the main account at
> least 8-10 times).
>
> An anomaly pops up: In certain ituations, usually when the app refuses
> to send mail -- which it always does and is the problem -- it gives
> the server name followed by a colon and the account name e.g. the part
> of the email address before the @.
>
> Neither Opt's TS nor Apple's has an answer. Rather, Apple's was to do
> an archive + install reinstall -- didn't work.
>
> Anyone have any answers? Solutions?

Did you check the advanced options for such things as authentication?
I had a problem with one account because of some settings that
automagically set themselves to authenticate.

Kirk

           Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
        Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France