[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Wayne Wilkin macsys at mac.com
Mon May 16 11:37:36 PDT 2005

So if some users find defragin un necessary then how do you explain the mac os inability to keep with the 15% rule. Which states that in order for directory to be successfully rebuilt that the directory should have at least 15% of  the hard drive space continous free space. How many times have I gotten an error in diskwarrior stating that a fail safe rebuilding of the directory is not guaranteed because the drive is to framented. Which means to me that if the OS is doing it's job of defragin itself then this should not be a problem.