[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Kevin Willis res19rmg at verizon.net
Mon May 16 18:32:22 PDT 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Jon Warms wrote:

> What's your percentage available now?
>
> After you defrag, I would be interested in the performance
> changes you observe.
>
> Also, what will your next step be? (Obviously, defrag
> utilities don't increase the capacity of the HD, just
> its usability.)
>
> Jon

Right now, I have used about 77 GB of a 120 GB drive.  It changes
from day to day.  As I burn disks, I erase the burned files.  I also
record some TV shows over night.

Defragging didn't help with the performance.  I reckon I will try to
burn the rest of the files, then erase the disk to see if that
helps.  I have Tiger installed on another 120 GB drive, but I don't
really want to put that drive through what I am doing to the other
drive.  I also have a 40 GB drive that has my old Panther system on
it.  I might erase it and use it to hold some of the files.

Thanks,

Kevin