[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Tue May 17 18:53:22 PDT 2005

At 9:32 PM -0400, 5/16/05, Kevin Willis wrote:

>Right now, I have used about 77 GB of a 120 GB drive.  It changes
>from day to day.  As I burn disks, I erase the burned files.  I also
>record some TV shows over night.
>
>Defragging didn't help with the performance.  I reckon I will try to
>burn the rest of the files, then erase the disk to see if that
>helps.  I have Tiger installed on another 120 GB drive, but I don't
>really want to put that drive through what I am doing to the other
>drive.  I also have a 40 GB drive that has my old Panther system on
>it.  I might erase it and use it to hold some of the files.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kevin

My local Fry's electronics store has a Seagate 160 GB hard drive for
$54.99 after mail-in rebate.
How can this not be a good answer to the problem? Personally I'd
rather have an extra drive for backup and defrag than a $30 piece of
software that MAY fix the problem.
--

Robert Ameeti

A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow.