[X4U] Replicated Installs.

Robert Tillyard rob2 at atvetsystems.com
Tue May 17 07:21:00 PDT 2005

I have at least six (more to follow) Mac mini's to set-up and
configure and they all need to have exactly the same applications and
settings except for the IP Address.

My plan was to set-up one and use that as a master then boot each new
one into Firewire Target disk-mode and copy the contents from the
master onto the rest.

Will this work? The only complication I can see is that as shipped
this batch have 10.3.9 on the hard-disk with a Tiger update DVD, will
my copy also update the OS to Tiger or do I need something like
Carbon Copy Cloner?

Thanks, Regards, Rob.