[X4U] Re: Ambitious DVD Project.

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed May 18 13:38:31 PDT 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Andre Balogh wrote:

> I own no DV camera, so is there no other solution ?

I haven't worked with any of the companies that do this, but I'm
wondering if they can't burn the DV video onto data DVD's for you. For
2 hours of video I'm guessing ~25 GB of DV data, so probably 7 data
DVD's.

Then you'd have to copy all those DVD's to your hard drive to do the
editing. IMO that would still be much better than a single video DVD
with the video in mpeg2 that can't be easily edited without losing even
more quality.

-Mike