[X4U] Another question about cloning

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed May 18 18:27:19 PDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

By now you will have found out that a simple reboot makes these items
become invisible again - as they should be. This happens immediately after
any image restoration or cloning I've done. Choosing the new partition to
boot off and restarting fixes it all up.

I'm unsure about your size difference though. I hadn't noticed it
myself... will check next time.

Speaking with Don last night he pointed out that the Restore feature in
Disk Utility doesn't follow the asr ruling as strictly as NetRestore does.
I'll have to revisit that again.

Cheers,

Coj

Kevin Willis <res19rmg at verizon.net>

I used the restore tab in Disk Utility to make a copy of my start up
drive.  However, I noticed that the sizes differ.  My original is
24.07 GB, the copy is 23.76 GB.  I also noticed that the copy has
some extra folders in it.  They are  /dev /etc /tmp /var.  What are
these?

Thanks,

Kevin