[X4U] Re: Ambitious DVD Project.

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Wed May 18 22:30:28 PDT 2005

If I was getting an outside house to digitise analogue film for me I'd
give them an external FW drive to download it onto. That way I'd have as
high a quality footage as possible and it'd be ready to begin editing
without having to download/uncompress/dehumidify/vaccinate etc.

Coj

Andre Balogh <invicta at xs4all.nl>

> DO NOT have them transferred to DVD. Have them transferred to DV
> tape. Then import it yourself from a DV camera.
>
> When DVD's are created, the content is compressed. So you would be
> uncompressing the DVD, editing it and then recompressing to go back
> on DVD.
>
> --
> Nick Scalise
> nickscalise at mac.com

I own no DV camera, so is there no other solution ?

Andre.