[X4U] Annoying mail UI "feature" (glitch)

John McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Fri May 20 07:23:04 PDT 2005

In versions of Mail.app for Panther and now Tiger, I have always
experienced this annoyance:

Mail.app checks for mail and distributes emails to a number of
different folders based upon rules. When I click on a folder, the
upper pane NEVER places the newest mail item at the top of the view
(I'm always set to sort by date; newest at the top) if there are more
messages that the pane can display. I ALWAYS have to mouse over to
the right and nudge the scroll bar to get to the top of the list.

Does everyone else suffer from this? How do such annoying UI problems
persist?

j mcd

--
John McDaniel