[X4U] Partitioning question

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue May 24 01:06:32 PDT 2005

I agree.... in my workflow we have a separate Work drive. This allows me
to easily format the startup drive and re-image it whenever I need without
having to get all the work off the drive first.

Saves me heaps of time and gives me lotsa flexibility.

Coj

Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr>

On May 24, 2005, at 9:36 AM, Eugene wrote:

> Unless you plan to have multiple boot volumes, there's little point in
> partitioning in the OS X world.

I disagree. If you want to back up files to the same disk, it's
better to have a different partition. Also, I have all my music files
on a separate partition; saves space when I back up my home folder.

Kirk