[X4U] Disable opening PDFs within Safari ??

John Bryan johnbryan at mac.com
Tue May 24 20:52:25 PDT 2005

Does anyone know how to make Safari NOT open up PDF docs within
itself ?  I want them to open up separately in Preview, not in my
browser window, mostly so I can zoom them, etc.

One of the things it seems is new in Tiger's Safari is that PDF docs
open up WITHIN Safari's window.  I have to work with windows at work
and I really hate this behavior.  I finally figured out how to change
the behavior in windows so that the PDFs open in a separate PDF
reader app window instead of IE, but I'm not seeing how to change
this in Safari/Preview/Tiger.

thanks,
John B