[X4U] My mail composition speaks to me!

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed May 25 02:58:11 PDT 2005

Jerry Krinock wrote:
> I thought this was a new feature in Tiger, but maybe it was in Panther.
> Open your System Preferences, Universal Access, and see if "VoiceOver" is
> on.  Then go into the Keyboard pane and see if there is a hotkey (cmd-F5) to
> turn it on and off.  Maye you hit this accidentally like I did earlier
> today.

Ahaa!
That was it! I'm not quote blind yet, so need no VoiceOver to assist me.
However, I may have to reboot for it to take affect.

Thanks for your help!

keith

Ooops. Hold on! I just discovered my particular problem was caused by
Spell Catcher®!
I had Alert Sounds checked, for Questionable Spelling, and it kept
saying "Curious" each time I mistyped a word... Problem solved.