[X4U] Tiger (10.4.1) - Setting the date / time to 24 hr mode

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 26 23:13:18 PDT 2005

At 8:46 AM +0300 27/5/05, Cubeistan wrote:
>In Date & Time Sys Pref/Clock there's the 24-hour clock option
>
>On May 27, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Mark Gibson wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have 10.4.1 and am pretty happy with it, apart from one niggling issue.
>>
>>I can get the machine to display the time in 24
>>hr mode but for the life of me I can't figure
>>out how to setup System Preferences:
>>International: Formats to do it.
>>
>>The "best" I've seen so far is 12 hr time but without the "am" or "pm".
>>
>>Any pointers? Do I need to pick a specific
>>country (apart from my own) to get 24hr time?
>>--
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Mark (}-:
>>+61 (0)4 1927 7198
>>Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1
>>
>>Help! Help! He's STILL being held prisoner in a
>>system software factory! -- Mac System Software

Sure and all that does is set the clock format as
displayed in the top right hand corner of the
screen.

As I said:

>I can get the machine to display the time in 24 hr mode

Perhaps what I wasn't clear on was the fact that
I want this time format reflected in the Finder
(e.g. in the lists view where it gives the date
and time of the file's creation).

--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Windows 95 /Win' d–z/: n., 32-bit extensions and
a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit
microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company, that
can't stand 1 bit of competition.