[X4U] Re: Tiger (10.4.1) - Setting the date / time to 24 hr mode - SOLVED

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 27 03:43:59 PDT 2005

At 15:07 +1000 27/5/05, Mark Gibson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have 10.4.1 and am pretty happy with it, apart from one niggling issue.
>
>I can get the machine to display the time in 24 hr mode but for the
>life of me I can't figure out how to setup System Preferences:
>International: Formats to do it.
>
>The "best" I've seen so far is 12 hr time but without the "am" or "pm".
>
>Any pointers? Do I need to pick a specific country (apart from my
>own) to get 24hr time?
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark (}-:
>+61 (0)4 1927 7198
>Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1
>
>Help! Help! He's STILL being held prisoner in a system software
>factory! -- Mac System Software

OK to display the Finder time (as opposed to just the display used by
the clock) you need to;

Open System Preferences: International: Formats
Click "customize" in the "Times" section
Then click on the hour field in the sample display (just under
"short", "medium", "long" or "full", depending on what is displayed),
this reveals a pull down list of available formats for the hour.
Select "00-23" and click on "OK" to accept the change.

All the times used will then be converted to 24hr format.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198