[X4U] external Firewire drive unmounts

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri May 27 10:53:51 PDT 2005

I haven't quite tracked it down, but it appears that my external
firewire drive is unmounting everytime someone else logs in.  after
they log out, and I switch back to my account (which never actually
logged out.. just switched away from)  when I get back on, the
external drive is gone.    I unplug the firewire drive from the
computer, plug it back in, and it shows up.

there are no errors reported, about the drive being put away or
anything.  iTunes tells me it can't find the music that it had loaded
from the drive, but all works fine after I unplug it and plug it back
in.

Any suggestions ?

Kansast