[X4U] external Firewire drive unmounts

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri May 27 13:28:32 PDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Michael Winter wrote:

> On May 27, 2005, at 12:53 PM, Kansas Territory wrote:
>

>> Any suggestions ?
>>

> No, but lots of questions you've probably already run through.
>
> Just grasping at straws here, but did you by chance turn on
> networking over Firewire at some point?

I would answer no, because I'm not even sure what that is.

> Have you upgraded or installed something recently that might have
> caused it? I'm assuming this is just a recent development.

It's been since upgrading to Tiger that I noticed this.

> Can the other person see the FW drive when they're logged in?

I'll have to check on that.

> Have you tried the drive on another computer to make sure its not
> spazzing out (power supply going)?

I think the drive is o.k.  if I'm the only one logged on. It's stays
mounted, getting full use as well.

It's only after someone else has logged on,  when I come back and log
in, the drive is gone.

I've never actually gone through the steps of logging on as someone
else to see what happens. This is only what I've noticed thus far.

Kansast